Online privacy




I have always remained very private, even online. While people normally use different social media platforms to give expressions to their likes, dislikes, opinions, feelings, etc. I have been very cautious while sharing about myself. 

I do not want people to know about what I eat, where I go, whom I spend time with every day. I think that there should be a certain level till which one can and should provide information about oneself. 

No one is safe online. Your identity can be tweaked anytime, just with a few mouse clicks. So, I feel that one needs to be very sure about the information that he or she is sharing online. Also, I personally stay away from posting any controversial or hate comment. I like to share only those moments that are meaningful to me and close to my heart. 

Many of my friends post intimate pictures with their partners online. I have never been comfortable with this. I think such moments are only to be enjoyed in privacy and seclusion. Posting about such moments and grabbing eyeballs is a just way of showing the world how happy one is and how perfect his or her life may be. 

I want to enjoy the moment and not just click and capture it in the phone's gallery to be uploaded on social media later on. I also feel that the very essence and value of intimate moments get lost when you make them public leading to innumerable pair of eyes examining and judging them as per their own choices and preferences. 

Some people do not know how to remain private. They want to let the world know about everything that they say, do, or experience. Instead of feeling an emotion and coming out of it, they prefer sharing their emotions through texts, pictures, videos, etc., and gaining others' attention and comments on them. 

Man is a social animal, no doubt, but everyone needs a bit of privacy in their lives. Everything is not for sale, not for showing off on social media. Being private is also an art. Not giving in to the irrepressible desire of sharing one's life every day, every moment, is also an art. 

Comments

  1. The expression is quite aptly put. Online privacy is a very important topic these days and more people should be aware about it. Looking forward to more such heartfelt content.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your appreciation. Means a lot!

      Delete

Post a Comment